The Hon. Andrew Scheer, Leader of Canada’s Conservatives and of the Official Opposition, today announced the appointment of a strong, diverse team to lead the Conservative Caucus in the 43rd Parliament.
“I am incredibly proud to work with these experienced and dedicated Conservative Members of Parliament,” said Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer. “This is the team which is going to help us hold Justin Trudeau to account every single day.”
The appointments include:
- Deputy Leader: Leona Alleslev (Aurora—Oak Ridges—Richmond Hill, Ontario)
- Quebec Political Lieutenant: Alain Rayes (Richmond—Arthabaska, Quebec)
- House Leader of the Official Opposition: Candice Bergen (Portage—Lisgar, Manitoba)
- Chief Opposition Whip: Mark Strahl (Chilliwack—Hope, British Columbia)
- Deputy House Leader of the Official Opposition: John Nater (Perth—Wellington, Ontario)
- Deputy Opposition Whip: John Brassard (Barrie—Innisfil, Ontario)
- Caucus-Party Liaison: Diane Finley (Haldimand—Norfolk, Ontario)
- Conservative National Caucus Chair: Tom Kmiec (Calgary Shepard, Alberta)
- Caucus-OLO Coordinator: Chris Warkentin (Grande Prairie—Mackenzie, Alberta)
“Our strengthened party will use every tool available to us to correct the mistakes of this government,” added Scheer. “And we will stand ready to make the case to the people that only a Conservative government can keep this country united and deliver the change so many Canadians are looking for.”
Mr. Scheer will be announcing his Shadow Cabinet later this week.